Presentation Layer Questions List
J.D. Meier, Alex Homer,
Jason Taylor, Prashant Bansode, Lonnie Wall, Rob Boucher, Akshay Bogawat
- Exception Management
- Presentation Entities
- Request Processing
- UI Components
- UI Process Components
- User Experience
- What data should I cache in the presentation tier?
- How do I get the most performance benefit from caching?
- What are the cache location options?
- How do I manage my cache?
- How do I load cached data?
- How do I configure page-level caching?
- How do I configure cache dependencies?
- How do I handle sensitive data in the cache?
- What are distributed coherent caches?
- What is composition?
- What are the benefits of composition?
- What platforms support rich composition?
- What are the relevant composition patterns?
- What are the view composition strategies?
- How do I create reusable views?
- How do I design an exception management strategy?
- How do I determine if I need custom exceptions?
- How do I display error information to the user?
- How do I display error information to a developer?
- How do I design a default error page for ASP.NET?
- What type of Presentation layer exceptions should I log?
- What are business errors?
- What are system exceptions?
- How do I design for forms-based input?
- How do I design for document-based input?
- How do I design for wizard-based input?
- Which input method (forms, document, wizard) should I use for which scenario?
- How do I design for specialized input devices such as ink or speech?
- How do I design for accessibility?
- How do I design for user input testability?
- How do I improve the user experience for invalid input?
- What are the relevant layout patterns?
- How do I choose between table and CSS based layout?
- How do I design master pages with web parts?
- How do I design for user personalization?
- How do I design a template-based layout?
- How do I prototype user interaction?
- How do I separate the layout from the processing so that team of designers can build the layout?
- How do I choose a web application navigation strategy?
- How do I choose a rich-client application navigation strategy?
- What navigation patterns are relevant to use in the Presentation Layer?
- How do I choose a pattern to separate page navigation from business logic?
- How do I design navigation event processing to avoid code duplication?
- How do I preserve application navigation state?
- How do I design wizard-based navigation?
- What is a presentation entity?
- How do I decide if I need a presentation entity?
- How do I choose the appropriate data format for presentation entities?
- How do I use presentation entities to manage application state?
- How do I design data binding for presentation entities?
- Why should I separate request processing from the user interface?
- What are the effective design patterns for request processing?
- What is the difference between MVC and MVP patterns?
- How do I determine the type of controls to use?
- How do I design data bindings for controls?
- What are relevant patterns for control rendering?
H ow do I design support for data formatting?
- How do I decide if I need custom controls?
UI Process Components
- What is a UI process component?
- How do I decide if I need UI process components?
- How do I design for testability of UI processing?
- What is the difference between the MVP and MVC patterns?
- How do I orchestrate the flow of control between forms?
- How do I maintain business-related state?
- How do I handle concurrent user activities?
- How do I decide if I need a Workflow component?
- How do I choose the input data validation strategy?
- How do I determine trust boundaries?
- How do I determine my validation requirements?
- How do I design client-side validation vs. server-side validation?
- How do I design for validation errors in the presentation layer?
- How do I determine if I need business rule validation in the presentation layer?